During the pandemic, people started dating more online than offline, due to the many restrictions in place. But it’s also true that online dating doesn’t really allow two people to get to know each other, mainly because they can’t physically read each other’s body language.
How then can they decide if they are really interested in continuing the conversation? Well, there are many ways, and one of them is to ask a specific set of questions. With things improving and vaccination campaigns taking place across the country, you can soon expect to meet your date in person, and before that happens you can ask them these 21 interesting questions. – asked by Tinder with a leading psychologist, a couple and relationship expert Matt Davies – to get to know them better. Read on.
1. Describe yourself in a tweet: A great way to help focus on the essentials – what comes to mind first.
2. Tell me the last three emojis you used: It tells you their main / main / emotional states.
3. What the hype you just don’t understand? Reveals their character type and attachment style. Are they an independent thinker?
4. Your 2021 / go-to meme? Shows their understanding and attitudes to current events as well as their emotional responsiveness. Are they emotionally receptive and relatable?
5. Who do you answer first: your mother, your friend or your colleague? Reveals to whom they are most attached in their life and those around them.
6. Work to live or live to work? Show their point of view on the meaning of life.
7. Ultimate snack? How does your match play out? Can they have fun? Are they a foodie or a health freak?
8. Tell me a secret that no one else knows: Challenge openness and the ability to be vulnerable. A frightening question. How long does your match hesitate?
9. What are three words your closest friend would use to describe you? Gives an objective view of your match from a stranger’s point of view.
ten. The soundtrack of your life? Reveals the musical taste of your match. How do they see each other? What is their type of character – tragic, romantic or funny?
11. If there was anything you could do with a living knowing that you couldn’t fail, what would you do? An excellent question, helps us enter the space of fantasy and encourages vulnerability.
12. Who is your crush on culpable celebrities? It tells us something about the person, his projections and his transference. Reveal what they desire: attributes, qualities and appearances.
13. What’s the embarrassing moment that keeps you awake at night? Night is a time of loneliness, loneliness and darkness. This answer will show the innermost feelings of your match.
14. Choose one – Instagram or Netflix: Indicates whether your partner is an active and engaging person or prefers the sofa and quiet. Are they introverts or extroverts?
15. Craziest thing on your to-do list? This question opens up avenues for being human and stupid. It also creates tension around the question, “Am I fun and original?” “
16. Early bird or night owl? It’s all about the lifestyle and will tell you how your game works. In what environment do they work best?
17. The biggest ‘Covidiot’ of 2020? It’s a loaded question – is this person on the same page as you? Talking about social issues can tell if you are aligning your thoughts.
18. Who would play me in a movie? This encourages your partner to tell you who you remind them of. It’s a safe and fun way to say something about the person indirectly.
19. If we weren’t confined, what would we be doing right now? This question brings him back to the here and now. It shifts the conversation from cognitive and affective domains to behavioral.
20. What gives you the “ick”? It shows how your partner reacts to their gut reaction.
21. What’s the worst lie you’ve ever told to get off a date? Possibility of revealing someone’s true colors. Ask the question: “What lies are you going to tell me?”
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle